Utility Business Architecture
We're starting to have traction in the utility industry. Scotia Gas Network
(UK) and Synergy
(an electricity corporation in Australia) are now customers of ours. Others should be announced soon.
Accelerate your success with our IRIS Business Architect software application and our IRIS Utility Business Architecture Implementation Services and Framework.
Contact Us for a 60-Minute Web Demo
Here are a few of the advantages that can be pointed out:
- Better decision-making ability. The use of IRIS Business Architect helps enterprises comprehend the complete impacts of decisions before making them, therefore reducing risk for each decision.
- Driven and cohesive strategy. IRIS Business Architect can contribute in decoding strategy into action and focus investment.
- Agility in business and information technology execution. The use of IRIS Business Architect makes it easy to have repository of reusable business architecture content and defined processes that decodes strategies into execution significantly speeds up an enterprise’s ability to recognize and implement the necessary changes.
- Higher operational effectiveness and capacity for growth. IRIS Business Architect helps enterprises reconsider how it structures and rationalizes business operations for efficiency and scalability.
Challenges in the Utility Space Triggering Business Architecture Initiatives
Utility organizations are currently facing challenges that need to be addressed swiftly, preferably using IRIS Business Architect, to ensure optimal cohesion between its corporate strategy and its execution within each of its sometime rival service business units. Here are some of these major challenges:
- Strategies to make smart grids more efficient and less capital intensive with allowing for predictive maintenance and better asset health.
- Increase mobile enablement for utility employees to boost their organizational productivity-boosting capability.
- Customer management and billing automation (including changes in provider, address, or product)over the web and with utility mobile applications
- Develop the use of advanced analytics and multichannel customer journeys for utilities evolving in competitive retail territories
- Adjusting to the increasing number of smart homes, connected buildings, and smart cities on the utility's territory, and
- Equipment protection against the higher number of electric network interconnections to renewable energy production sites.